- All sales are final. No request for cancellations, changes or refunds will be accepted.
- If your tickets are to be mailed, you should receive them within a reasonable amount of time, generally within 7 days. If you do not, please contact the Regent Theatre Box Office no later than by 4pm on the day of the performance to ensure proper attention.
- If your tickets are to be “held at will call”, they will be printed at the Regent Theatre Box Office. The Box Office will be open 2 hours before show time. Please arrive early to allow for parking and to avoid the last-minute rush.
- You must bring a copy of your order confirmation and/or your 6-digit order number. You should also have the credit card you used for the purchase with you for identification in case of an issue with your order. If someone else is picking up the tickets, either that same credit card or a photocopy of it with an authorization note from you must be presented, in addition to the 6-digit order number.
- Due to the nature of the entertainment industry, events can be cancelled, sometimes without warning or explanation. In the event that a performance is either cancelled or postponed, the Box Office will make every effort to contact every patron via e-mail, time permitting. Patrons must ensure that they provide an accurate and up-to-date email address, and add the Regent Theatre as a ‘safe sender’ in their contact list.
- While the Regent Theatre regrets the inconvenience caused by event cancellations, we cannot be held responsible for any cost or damage such postponement or cancellation may incur. Similarly, the conduct and quality of events and performances for tickets purchased is the sole responsibility of the events’ organizers and/or the Promoter. Regent Theatre cannot be held responsible or liable for injuries, loss or damages incurred by patrons while attending these events.
- Ticket refunds may be permitted when select events are cancelled or postponed, for a limited time period only, and at the sole discretion of the Regent Theatre. Ticket holders will be contacted with instructions when these situations arise. In all instances when a ticket is refunded, only the cost of the ticket, including taxes and service fees, is reimbursed.
- All persons attending a performance must have a ticket, regardless of their age. This includes ‘Babes in Arms’. In addition, performances often have a minimum age restriction, so please review the event description carefully before purchasing tickets. Any person who does not meet the minimum age limit or does not possess a valid ticket will be turned away at the door without a refund.
- All patrons purchasing from the Regent Theatre Box Office, whether online, in-person or by phone, must do so in full agreement of the above policies. These policies automatically apply to the purchase of tickets, gift certificates, or any other products from the Regent Theatre Box Office.
Privacy and Security Policy
Disclosure of Personal Information:
Regent Theatre is committed to keeping your personal information strictly confidential. When we collect your personal information (i.e. name, address, e-mail, and telephone number) it is in an effort to improve your shopping experience and to notify you about program updates, event cancellations or postponements, services and to answer inquiries. It is our policy not to disclose any of your personal information at any time, unless you tell us to do so. Occasionally we need to share subscription information for ongoing annual events to our clients, but this will be clearly indicated in the description for that event. We do not sell, trade or rent your personal information to third parties. From time to time, we’ll share aggregated (collective) information about our members as a group, or generate aggregate reports and market research for business partners. These reports will not identify individual members.
We use industry-standard methods to protect your information from unauthorized access. Among other techniques, we store such information on a computer behind our “firewall” in a secure location, and we restrict the number of employees internally who can access such data. To ensure the safety of your personal information, including your credit card number, we use Secure Socket Layer (SSL) Technology. SSL protects information as it crosses the Internet. Any data stored is kept in a secure off-site location and stored in a password-protected server. Please be aware, of course, that there is no such thing as perfect security – on or off the Internet.
Please keep security in mind as you reach other websites through links from Regent Theatre. Each separate company has its own privacy policies and practices and may market to you accordingly. Although we choose our business partners carefully, we can make no representations concerning privacy and security on those sites.
Your password is your key to your patron account. You should never share it with anyone and we request that you change it periodically and often. You can change your password at any time by accessing “My Account” on our Events & Ticketing page. If you can’t remember your password, the reminder phrase you entered when you last changed or set-up your password will be e-mailed to you immediately. You may also contact us at email@example.com for additional help. We strongly urge you to sign off your account and close your browser window when you have finished your shopping to prevent someone else from accessing your account.
Changing Personal Information:
You may at any time modify or change any information you have previously provided to us by clicking on “My Account”, then choose the appropriate section to edit, review, or delete your personal information. Changes will be updated immediately. You may also contact our Box Office and we will be happy to change, modify or delete any information for you.
Changes in Policy:
How Patrons behave in a seated theatre environment like the Regent Theatre, is very different to attending an event at a night/dance club, bar, comedy club or outdoor event. If we all put forth and effort to follow some simple rules of etiquette, attending the theatre will be a more pleasant experience for everyone.
DO take pictures with a small point-and-shoot camera. A flash is not permitted, because it is distracting for the performers and other patrons. Please do not use a cell phone to take pictures as the bright screen interferes with the enjoyment of the event by the people seated immediately behind you.
DO NOT record the event. Audio or Video recording of any kind inside the Regent Theatre is prohibited. Recording (and posting online) of copyrighted material is illegal in Canada and will be enforced.
DO purchase food and beverages at our concession stand. Outside food and drink are not permitted, but we do allow patrons to carry a bottle of water to sooth their throats. Better to bring water than cough throughout the event. You can also use candies or throat lozenges, but please unwrap them before the event begins!
DO check the minimum age requirements before purchasing tickets. We place age restrictions on most events that are not suitable for children as a service to the public. Children 2 years old or younger are generally not permitted in the theatre, except for a few family shows. Please remember that all attendees must have a valid ticket for entry, regardless of age.
DO arrive on-time. All events will start at their advertised time unless otherwise indicated. If you arrive late you will be held back until an appropriate break in the performance, or you may be turned away. Better yet, arrive early and purchase a beverage from our concession stand!
DO behave in a respectful manner at all times. Disruptive behavior of any type, including talking during the event, calling out to the performers, blocking others view by standing or dancing, loudly singing along, etc., will not be tolerated, and those patrons can be ejected from the building without warning.
DO remain in your seat throughout the performance. Please try not to leave the auditorium during a performance, unless absolutely necessary. If you must get up to use the washroom, etc., please do so with the utmost care as to not disturb the other patrons. The concession stand will be open at least one hour prior to the performance and during intermission only.
DO NOT enter the stage or backstage areas. For safety and liability purposes, only authorized and insured performers and crew are allowed in these areas. If a performer brings a patron onstage as part of their act, it will be permitted, but all other access will result in ejection from the facility.
DO turn off your cell phone. The use of a cell phone during an event interferes with others enjoyment of the performance. Please be considerate and turn your electronic devices off (not just vibrate) before entering the building and don’t turn it back on until the performance is complete.
DO NOT smoke or vape in or near the theatre. Ontario Tech University does not allow any inhalant products (except for prescribed asthma medication) to be used on any of their properties. This includes the Victoria St. Parkette immediately adjacent to the theatre. Please utilize the city sidewalk east of the entrance on King St. and stay at least 10 metres or 30 feet from the building.
DO avoid wearing heavily scented products. Many of our patrons have allergies or reactions to scents contained in shampoo, deodorant, perfume, etc. Please be kind to other by avoiding these products when attending an event.
DO NOT attempt to obtain an autograph from a performer, unless there is an organized meet-and-greet or autograph session, which will be announced on the day of the event. Any patron who attempts to obtain an autograph by approaching the stage and/or waiting outside the stage door, before, during or after the event will be ejected from the property.